Wednesday, September 3, 2008

STEPHEN HENIGHAN



Stephen Henighan for DESK SPACE

DESK SPACE Who (a witty one-liner or a bio)?

STEPHEN HENIGHAN [Sorry -- not witty]

Stephen Henighan, Canadian writer

DS When did you start writing, publish your first book (or when are you publishing your next)?

SH I started writing seriously at 11. I published my first newspaper article at 13, my first short story at 19 and my first novel at 30.

DS Where do you write (at your desk/outside/in bed)?

SH I write at a desk in what used to be a doctor's office.

DS Why do you work where you do (at your desk because it is a quiet space/outside b/c it helps you think, in the park b/c you can smoke, etc)?

SH It's quiet, it's away from the street, and there's a rabbit in the back yard which sometimes watches me while I'm writing.

DS What are you working on now?

SH I'm finishing a short story and taking notes for a new novel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are a beauty! great teacher! great mind!