Monday, September 8, 2008

TONY BURGESS



Tony Burgess for DESK SPACE

DESK SPACE Who (a witty one-liner or a bio)?

TONY BURGESS Tony Burgess is a writer which is, believe or not, a fall back plan.

DS When did you start writing, publish your first book (or when are you publishing your next)?

TB Uh…was dirty little scribbler as a boy…and published my first book, the helllmouths of bewldey in 1997. sort of I don’t write individual books but rather shove stuff down sheep intestines and pinch when I get a good length. They are samey but that’s what you want in a good weiner.

DS Where do you write (at your desk/outside/in bed)?

TB Write at the desk. Sometimes take a notebook down to the coffee shop and do some longhand stuff…I like doing that, my hand writing is so messed up it feels like I’m drawing.

DS Why do you work where you do (at you desk because it is a quiet space/outside b/c it helps you think, in the park b/c you can smoke, etc)?

TB Desk, because its here and not there. Don’t really find that where I am matters…mostly when. Has to be early in the morning then over by lunch. Can’t write when the day has started already. Have to sneak it up and under what’s gonna happen.

DS What are you working on now?

TB Uh…young adult novel called Idaho Winter. And a weiner book called Ravenna Gets. So, you know…fun…makin shit up still, so I’m alright.

No comments: